Monday, May 04, 2009

And in no particular order, here is our last month in pictures:


Mary lost a tooth, or rather I should say I pulled her tooth out. Every day for about 2 weeks she moaned and complained and tried to pull it out herself. Finally, one afternoon I took the bull by the horns, well the tooth by the floss, and gave a quick yank and voila! Tooth out. And peace for me.


Oh good times here! Ethan and Mary went to a birthday party and came home with puzzles instead of the obligatory bag of crap. Looove it! Except that this puzzle contained 300 pieces. 300 people. 300 little, tiny, sparkly look-a-like pieces. And guess who got to do the puzzle? Ethan [read - mother]. And when it was finished Ethan asked me to take his picture beside the puzzle HE made. Okay then!

About the second week in April I had the delight of flying out to Ontario to visit my sister Amy, her new baby Grey and their fam. I spent my whole week there, holding, cuddling, changing, feeding him a bottle or two, bathing him, snuggling him and most of all getting puked upon by him. This babe is a champion barfer I tell ya! But he's cute so I'll forgive him. And if you ant evidence check out this pic on Amy's blog http://workmanfamily.typepad.com/our_life/2009/04/for-bobbi.html
Any way, back to my trip. Amy and I had a good visit, hanging out, chatting, a couple of trips to the states (another post in itself there!) and waaay more junk food than was good for us. Good times, good times!

And as i was there over Easter my kids, well Katey, was worried the Easter bunny may have trouble remembering them. Not so folks, not so. The EB is very tricky and smart. And he found them just fine.









[ I'm not to sure what the heck this child is doing. Again, I wasn't there!]
And more missing teeth. E-man lost his first tooth about a week or so ago. Exciting stuff!

And this past weekend was a fun and injury filled time. Peter took Ethan and Hannah to buy bikes and new helmets for everyone else. On Saturday Ethan and Hannah were practising their newly acquired skills and were doing great. On Sunday they asked if they could play outside. We told them yes, but they were not to ride bikes. Well not 15 minutes later Megan comes shrieking in that Ethan had fallen off his bike and had a bleeding nose. Fantastic. So we cleaned him up and he is now scared to ride his bike. Grr. Now his poor little nose is scraped and swollen and he has a fat lip (as you can see above) Then half an hour passes and a neighbor boy runs over to tell us Mary fell off her bike and needs help. Not so bad as Ethan, more wounded pride than anything. And (because that can't be it right) Hannah had a crash of her own. No injury to her personal self, but she crashed into a neighbors car and broke the light off of her 24 hour old bike. Again, grr. We decided that riding bikes on Sunday = trouble!

But before all the tragedy on Sunday we had a fun Friday evening. Peter took Ethan to a new store that opened up called Bass Pro Shops, a huge 150,000-square-foot (14,000 m2) sporting goods store with a giant aquarium and a shooting gallery. While they were there Peter bought Ethan a new hat. And he has never had it off. He even wears it to bed. And this morning he donned it before heading out the door to school. I see a future full of hat head for him!



And while Peter and Ethan were out I took the girls and we headed to the movies to see.... Hannah Montana The Movie. And I must say we ALL enjoyed ourselves, even Katey who had already seen the movie once. Do you think it had anything to do with the cute cowboy?

And that is our month in review. Hope you enjoyed yourself, we sure did!

1 comment:

amanda said...

Well that was a massive post, it's nice to see your family is doing well and losing all their teeth :)

Where's the update about you and your teaching thing???