Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Is HERE!!! {Almost}

Our family tradition dictates that on the first Saturday of December we choose our Christmas tree and then for Family Home Evening we decorate it. But this year because Mary's birthday was on Saturday and crazy weather we've been having we had to postpone it for a few days. We were able to go last night and pick out our tree and after letting it 'rest' for a day we got to decorate it tonight.






Every year I have wanted to take pictures of all of my special ornaments and put them in a scrapbook. Tonight I started taking pictures and realized "Hmm, they are ALL special to me". So I'll share a few of ALL my ornaments with you.

This was a wedding gift from my friend Emily Reil. It is the first ornament that goes on the tree every year. Peter and I both put it on together. {After that it's pretty much chaos!}


As most of you can probably tell this is Megan. She made this Angel in Kindergarten.






This is Hannah's Hand-A-Clause. All three girls ( Katey, Megan and Hannah) made these. This was in 2000. Might I add - this was when when I only had 3 children and my sanity still intact.



And this is Katey in Grade 3, 2002.





This strawberry is special because it's an ornament we had on the tree when I was growing up. Not sure who made it or when we got it, but I ended up with it!


Now if I was a really organised and frequent blogger {phhht!} I could have done an "ornament of the day" type of post. But since we all know I'm neither, I decided to share them all tonight. So I apologise if I bored anyone to tears, although at the same time I'm giggling at the thought!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is sweet that you wanted to share with us those special ornaments. I love things that keep those special memories alive!

cat :)

prepchuks said...

how nice... how did you get that strawberry anyway? and what happened to all the other ornaments we had growing up...? Mom... if you're reading this, I hope you didn't throw them away...

Jean said...

Oh, oh - now I'm in trouble. That strawberry was made by my visiting teachers, although I can't remember which ones. I just really liked it too so it survived the "purge". Come on girls, you know I am the world's worst dejunker.....sorry!!! Now I realise how important memories are, but at the time they are just "stuff" as you have the real thing. I do how a few old and ends Amanda...but if you remember I always had a "theme" for the christmas tree and it changed on a regular basis.
Slap my pinkies.....