
Summer vacation is far too long for my liking. The kids get up at the crack of dawn (well OK about 2 hours after the crack of dawn). Add to that the road construction going on a mere 50 feet from where I sleep. Starting at 6:59 am and ending at 5:00pm. All.Day.Long. I wake up to the whole house rumbling and it never stops till 5:00. So I decided to get out today and have a break from the noise and vibrations. We packed up the cooler with tons of fruit and water, sandwiches and fresh garden peas in the pod {yum-o} and headed off to the beach. Seeing as it's a mere 5 minutes from where we live we really should utilize it more. The kids had a fantastic time building castles, digging holes, and collecting rocks from the water. And it wasn't too busy, which I appreciated.




My shady retreat for the day:)
OK, these are the creepy seagulls that appear magically as soon as they hear a cooler open. They arrive and eyeball you until you think you're going to go insane. And no, we didn't share food with them, although the kids wanted to. I didn't want them hanging around all afternoon.




2 comments:
Looks like a very fun place and you did have the whole shoreline practically to yourself. In fact, you could have bragged that this was your own private beach.
Its nice that you can relax and read a book and the kids are not bored to death - water, sun, sand and kids is a fabulous combination.
Those seagulls look mean! The ones in England don't wait to be fed, they help themselves!
looks like a great day, I love the beach!!
Post a Comment