Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cake Truffles


OK, since forever I have been wanting to try making these. And today, due to an unfortunate incident involving my oven and 2 dozen slightly burnt cupcakes, I got the chance! {Thanks to Amy for saving the cupcakes from the trash} If you want the instructions you can get them here http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2007/12/red-velvet-cake-balls.html These are particularly popular with the under 10 set, and anyone with an incredible sweet tooth. Anyhoo, this is my take on them.


Take this...


...and this



Almost there!


Voila, Cake Truffles

Inside. Sweet {VERY sweet} Yumminess!

3 comments:

amy w. said...

They look pretty darn good to me... too bad I can't eat them. :(

Karin said...

You don't know me, but I saw your blog on Holly Rice's and I made your cake truffles for my brothers wedding reception, everyone loved them! I am making them again this week for a baby shower except I am going to try using cheesecake stuff instead of just frosting. Thanks for the idea, it was a big hit!!

Amber said...

ummm....yummmm.....can you just bring me some of those right now????? Please....right now...I need them!!