The past few months we have had the fun of watching our little garden grow. It started off looking like this in May. Prim and proper little rows, so nice! Plenty of water and the little sunshine we had turned our little garden from this....

Into a beautiful green leafy oasis:) The peas were starting to plump up, the beans were flowering, we had cute little peppers and tomatoes.
And a few days later a nasty storm blew through town at 1:30 in the morning. We were all awakened to what sounded like a train rumbling through our house. After dashing around closing windows we peeped outside and watched the hail pound to the ground. And then we realised what it meant. Our poor little garden was smashed to bits.
The peppers and the peas pods had holes blasted right through them. Little teeny tomatoes littered the ground. Boohoo. No homemade salsa this year.
It could have been worse. In other near by communities , trees were uprooted and snapped like twigs and many farmers fields were flattened. While I'm sad about the garden I'm grateful that was the only damage we sustained.
[Pictures taken May 18, July 27 and August 3 2009]

2 comments:
That's rough... I would have cried my eyes out!
I would be so gutted! I chase after the birds like a lunatic when they try and steal my raspberries!
Post a Comment