Just kidding. We started the day at a Stake Primary Party where the kids were treated to a pancake breakfast and activities centered around the Temple and Eternal Families. Peter and I stayed to help being as we are the Sunbeam teachers in our ward. It was a chaotic and fun time.
After the party we loaded the kids up and drove to Heritage Park where we met my mom and dad. After the 8 mile hike into the park (at least that is what it felt like!) we settled down to a yummy picnic. When we were done eating Peter and I hiked out our coolers while grandma and grandpa took the kids to the olden time rides. They rode the caterpillar, the whip and the swing of the century. Ethan also rode the kiddy ferris wheel, but the other kids were to tall. We went on the paddle boat and the steam train, which Ethan declared to be his "dream come true"! He'd had his eye on it since the first time he heard the whistle blow.
The weather cooperated and although it clouded over, it stayed warm. We got sausage rolls and cinnamon buns at the bakery. The kids each took a turn choosing some penny candy at the old fashioned candy store and then bought an ice cream at the ice cream parlour next door. It was a great day and I believe even Katey enjoyed herself! We're looking forward to many more fun days at Heritage Park this summer.

2 comments:
Okay, first of all sausage rolls... super jealous. Second, do your kids own flip flops? My feet are sweating just looking at them. And third, I don't think I know the ranch house. Is it new?
First - ha ha(I actually had a cinnamon roll). Second, yes they ALL own flip flops, but the day was not flip flop freindly. And no, the ranch house is old(hahaha)it's next to the sod house.
Post a Comment