Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Zoo

This weekend Paul, Annelise and Amelia came down to visit and go to the zoo. No problem, right? It's June the weather should be plenty warm. Wrong. Try plenty rain, snow and hail. Yes snow. In June. But do you think it stopped us? Heck no. They came down to see the zoo and a little crummy weather wasn't going to stop us!

Here is sweet baby Amelia. On Monday after I picked Ethan up and brought him home from Kindergarten he turned to me and sighed and said "Mom, I sure miss that little baby" We all do actually. She is such a happy little sweetheart.



Here is proof of the snow. If you look at the field in the upper right you can see it. Phht - snow in June.





Onto the pictures of the zoo. Many of them are pretty easy to figure out. These are just a few of the 181 pictures Peter felt the need to take. Thank goodness for digital cameras!













Ethan's favorite animal is the giraffe. After we left the giraffe enclosure we glanced up and saw this giraffe peeking out of the window. We told Ethan the giraffe was sad to see him leave and was looking for him to say goodbye!








Katey and Amelia watching the fishies.






These are just 2 of the 61 pictures Peter took of the gorillas. There is a new baby gorilla and it was soooo cute. When the keeper let them back in at feeding time the little baby scampered around and found a piece of red pepper. I guess the silver back didn't like that and felt he needed to eat that same piece of pepper, so he came over and chased the poor baby away. Poor baby went and hid himself in a corner, pulled some straw over himself and rocked back and forth. The momma in me wanted to smack the daddy gorilla and make him give it back.



As you can see he didn't need my help and seemed to recover from his trauma quite quickly.







Mary thought this guy had the best hair-do of the day.







And I'll bet you didn't know I am descended from the kangaroo.











Mary, however takes after her father!







We are glad Paul and Annelise came for a visit and hope they bring that sweet baby of theirs down again soon. And I hope to have many more fun (and warm) trips to the zoo this summer with my kids.

2 comments:

amanda said...

So much fun!... I miss the Calgary Zoo. And I have to say, I love those G'day mate pictures :D

amy w. said...

Looks like super fun! Just curious... what did you do with the Museum passes? :)