Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Well it had the potential of being a fabulous day. My birthday fell on the same day as the Stampede Parade. We made plans to go to the parade and then to have a picnic lunch at the zoo afterward. Peter and I stayed up late the night before and made the sandwiches and I baked muffins for breakfast so we could eat at the parade and not waste precious time. Unfortunately as I was climbing into bed my tummy started flip flopping. (I should mention here all of my kids had had a stomach virus earlier in the week. Ethan on Friday, Megan and Hannah on Sunday and Mary on Tuesday.)

Needless to say by the time the alarm clock went off at 6:00 I had to rearrange my schedule to involve some serious time with my head in the toilet. I was ill all day and therefore did not get to enjoy my birthday. I watched part of the parade on TV, but it made me cry because I felt so sorry for myself.

When they got home from their picnic my kids came up to my room and gave me my gifts. Which were great, but, meh, I had no energy to even open them, really. Poor me. I got







a new ball cap, picnic bag, teeth whitening kit, Wii Fit, and from my fabulous sisters - scratch off lottery tickets (I won $5 !!) and a yummy fruit, cheese and chocolate basket (this is not the actual basket, I had to have Peter take it apart to put some stuff in the fridge and I forgot to take a pic first. It did however look every bit as yummy as this, only with CHOCOLATE too!).

At the time I was too icky to be very excited about any of my gifts, I mean who wants to think about exercise after they spent the day throwing up? But now that I feel better I'm very appreciative for my great gifts and my wonderful family who loves me so much!!

Peter also got me my favorite cake, black forest, YUMM-O. But I waited until the next night before I blew out the candles and had a sliver. And boy-o-boy was it good. First solid food in two days and it was cake, heaven!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your birthday but not sorry I missed "the bug"....cake looks yummy - my favorite too. Look like you got spoiled with gifts - what about the bag I gave you???sniff, sniff...