Friday, January 25, 2008

Pioneer Girl



In school Megan has been learning about pioneers and pioneer life in the early 1800's. They were having a "Pioneer Day" where they were encouraged to dress up in bonnets and aprons and such. So Megan comes home and is all worked up into a tizzy. She HAD to have a costume for the next day. So I pull out the sewing machine, blow off the dust and whipped {hahaha} this little beauty up. I was up until 11:00 finishing this apron and bonnet that she HAD to have. I have to say I was quite proud of the results. She looked super cute.


The next day I was at the school on unrelated business and happened to poke my head into her classroom to see all these little pioneers. Because you know she HAD to dress up. There were 2, yes 2 little girls wearing what I guess to be their moms kitchen aprons and 1 who had on a summer hat with ribbon ties pinned onto it. And then there was Megan, all done up to the nines. I tell ya, if I didn't love her so much...but I do and that's why on any given day you may find me sitting up till all hours of the night working on some random project that my kids absolutely NEED. Because I love them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Love the hat!

Anonymous said...

She does look adorable!!! You are very skilled!

H

Anonymous said...

Megan looks so cute! well done super Mom! My kid would be the kid in one of my old aprons.

Holly Rice said...

That is a super cute costume, She will have to wear it for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

I remember those days...running down to K-Mart to buy a red shirt cos someone HAD to have it for Valentine's day - then never wore it again....aaah, memories!!
Welcome to the club.