Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ethan Goes to School

So as per the usual I am a few days late getting this up. Ethan's first day of Junior Kindergarten was on Monday. And to our credit there was only a little bit of crying and carrying on. Well that is until Ethan told me to stop because I looked silly! I didn't really cry [came close though] and neither did E-Man. He did really great. They play outside in their own playground just for the Kindy students until the bell rings and then they pick up their backpacks and go to class. They get their name and put it on the chart and sit in a circle on the rug. Then the day starts. His teacher seems amazing. Right into the schedule and I don't think it allowed time for the kids to be sad or realize that mom and dad were leaving. And when we picked him up he said he had a great time and he was excited to go back on Wednesday. Yeah! And then he promptly fell asleep in the van. He was all learned out I guess. Here are a few pictures of my baby [boohoo!].









And then we get home and he decides to make himself a snack. I guess the leftover birthday cake we gave him wasn't good enough. So he proceeded to dump a can of chocolate sundae sauce all over my table, my chair and then hmm, what else to do? Paint himself with it. GRRR. I was doing laundry and I could hear him in the dining room singing "I Am A Child of God" and I went to peek on him cause he sounded so angelic. Yeah, not so much angel, more like little devil is what I found. I guess that's one of the joys of being 4!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, how cute he looks... well for the school pictures anyway. What on earth is junior kindergarten?

Anonymous said...

oh my... too cute... the school pics and the chocolate...

Anonymous said...

In Ontario they have Junior and Senior Kindergarten. Junior is for 4 year olds and Sr. is for 5 year olds. They're all in the same class so it's kind of silly, but meh, whatever!