Tuesday, December 09, 2008

December 8


OK this post is to appease Amy.

For Mary's birthday party this year I used the theme of 'Mrs. Claus's Kitchen'. When the girls arrived I had them decorate brown lunch sacks with stamps, markers and glitter. These would later become their treat bags. We then made chocolate bark with crushed candy canes, chopped oreos and colored chocolate bits. [Sorry, no pictures of this] We then made Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies. [Say that 5 times fast!]





Next we dipped chocolates. I had pre-made fondant centers for the girls to dip. They dipped these in real chocolate.


After that they dipped pretzels in red and green chocolate coating.







Next comes my favorite part of the goodies. I found the 'recipe' online and fell in love. They're called Sugar Plum Treats. Soo easy. Put a stick in one end, dip in candy coating and roll in sprinkles. And then of course it's the packaging that finishes it off. I got the little bags and sticks at Michael's. So easy and so fun!








We then took a break from candy heaven and played Pass the Parcel and Freeze Dance. After the games the girls decorated gingerbread boys [again no pictures, I was up to my elbows in frosting and chocolate people!] While the girls were decorating their cookies I packaged the treats up in cute little bags and put them into the decorated lunch sacks, and apparently I didn't get pictures of those either. Then we opened presents and had cake and hot chocolate. It was fun and Mary enjoyed herself and now I can breathe because it's over!



4 comments:

amy w. said...

Thank you. Now I will stop harassing you about it.

Holly Rice said...

Cute idea, What a fun day Mary must of had.

Trisha said...

Tracking you through your sister's blog and I just had to tell you that I LOVE the b'day party idea! December birthdays are tricky...any ideas for a December 28th birthday??

Anonymous said...

I see I taught my girls well...everything is about "treats, candy and chocolate" - way to go mom!!